Location: MIDTOWN GRILLE/SUMMIT HOSPITALITY GROUP
Summary: The Restaurant Manager (Front-of-the-House) for Midtown Grille/Summit Hospitality Group in Raleigh, North Carolina is responsible for pleasing customers by providing an exciting, pleasant, and high-quality experience. It also includes the day-to-day operations of the restaurant: working with the Chef de Cuisine, constantly training the staff to provide the “personal touch” for all customer contact and interactions, drive the customer experience so The Midtown Grille is the restaurant of choice for lunch, dining, cocktails, ensure maximum marketing and usage of the private dining room, managing staff issues-including work schedules, motivating and training employees, ordering supplies and working with vendors, managing and controlling costs, marketing, filling in when short-handed, keeping the restaurant in compliance with health codes, ABC Board, and local/state/federal operating codes. The Restaurant Manager is ultimately responsible for EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE.
· Five to ten years direct Restaurant Management experience in a fine-dining environment
· Ability to delegate work in a fair and responsible manner
· Demonstrated ability to compose reports using Excel, Word, Open Table, Micros and other applicable software/hardware from the restaurant/hospitality industry.
· Ability to perform everyday administrative tasks in the midst of all other duties and responsibilities and meet exacting deadlines
· Exceptional customer service and problem solving skill
· Demonstrated ability to make quick, practical decisions
· Ability to think strategically and make long term business recommendations to stakeholders based upon market data analysis and market knowledge
· Demonstrated ability to control costs and maximize revenue
· Accomplish all restaurant human resource objectives
· Achieve all restaurant operational objectives
· Meets restaurant financial objectives/controls costs and manage Payroll including Tips
· Manages and maximizes bar profitability with Head Bar-Tender
· Avoids legal challenges by conforming to regulations of the ABC Board
· Publicizes the restaurant, but not limited to Social Media outlets as the Homepage, Twitter, Facebook, Open Table, etc.
· Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy environment
· Maintains restaurant ambiance
· Consistently updates job knowledge
· Enhances the organizational reputation of the restaurant by working closely with Corporate Accounting to meet all reporting deadlines and preparing all daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and all other administrative duties as requested my management
· Manage all human resource assets
· Prepare all performance reviews and communicate/interact with employees for consistent and constant performance improvement and guest satisfaction
· A degree in restaurant management or related field or equivalent work-experience, white table cloth experience a plus
· Five to Ten years fine-dining management experience
· Knowledge of safety and compliance rules and regulations for the City of Raleigh and State of North Carolina
· Knowledge of restaurant operational controls and reporting methods
· Exceptional customer service skills including handling customer complaints
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Required to sit, stand/walk (often for long periods of time), talk, hear in person or by phone, operate computers and other standard office equipment; interaction with Guests and employees and Corporate Staff. Able to life 35 lbs. Flexible schedule for day & night working hours on a daily/weekly/monthly and holiday basis.